We give you the option of using your own paddles and buoyancy aids, so by default they are NOT included in this booking but you can simply add them onto your order if required.
If you do not own your own buoyancy aids, it is strongly recommended that you use one. You can rent from us.
Hire a 2 Person Pack Raft
A packraft can be carried in a backpack! This extremely compact packraft will enable you to enjoy your hikes in a whole new way, travelling along a calm class 1 river, or across a lake: Create your own tailor-made adventure.
MRS Barracuda R2 - 2 person packraft
The Barracuda R2 is a serious performance packraft for two people which follows the key packraft USP given its high durability, light weight and packability. It has an extended waterline with a shape which helps quicker paddling and improved tracking. Unlike most other packrafts on the market, it includes a skeg for much improved tracking, efficiency and speed. It achieves all this despite being only c.20% heavier than the MRS Adventure X2. It is the fastest packraft around which makes it ideal for longer distance paddling, suitable for calm coastal adventures, lakes and rivers - the ideal tourer!
This packraft model was the fastest packraft out of all types in the Nordic Islands Adventure Race (NIAR), paddled by the Swedish Hamilton Adventure Team.
Take it with you on your couples holiday, with a friend or your dog. Take it fishing, enjoy the scenery - just explore! Then when you are done for the day, simply deflate, roll up and put into your bag.
The MRS Barracuda R2 comes with an optional removable spray deck to keep off the spray or to paddle like open-top canoe. The speed you can paddle this packraft is somewhat of a revelation in packrafts, which with their generally upturned bows and lack of a skeg are not known for their speed and ease of tracking. No such problems for the MRS Barracuda R2 which both tracks well and is fast!
The Barracuda R2 is designed for two people (but can be used solo) and excels in the following areas;
- Long distance paddling
- Adventure competitions
- Whitewater canoeing
- Remote explorations
- Recreation paddling
- Fishing and hunting
The boat can be used on lakes, rivers, open white water and sheltered ocean bays. It is the perfect small, light and packable leisure accessory for your next holiday adventure wherever that may be.
- Outer length; 356cm
- Outer width; 97cm
- Inner length; 217cm
- Inner width; 35cm
- Tube diameter; 31cm
- Weight; 5.1kg
What is included?
- - MRS Barracuda R2
- - Repair material (no glue)
- - Inflation bag
- - Seats and backrests
- - Internal Storage System (optional extra)
- - Skeg for better traction
- - Strap
Optional HIRE ADD ON Extras:
If you would like any further information about the Packraft hire, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or to find out more about other MRS items then check out our partners Paqualife!
How it works
- Select your product.
- Select your hire duration.
- Select your hire start date. The hire start date is the date you wish to receive your delivery.
If you would like a date which is blocked out in the booking calendar, then drop us as email with your required delivery date and we will see what we can do.
- Place your order!
- Once you have placed your order you will receive an email order confirmation
- We will then arrange a delivery and you will receive delivery tracking details via text and email.
- We will stay in touch throughout your hire period with all return instructions.
How do we deliver?
- We deliver using DPD, Royal Mail and other courier services. Once your order has been dispatched you will receive delivery tracking details via text and email.
- The delivery will arrive and include all return instructions.
- Please hold onto the original packaging which we deliver your hire equipment ready for your return.
- Please hold onto any information slips that come in your original box as you will need these for your return.
What happens after the hire?
When the time comes, here’s what to do after your hire. You have the option to return, extend or purchase the hire item:
- RETURN Please contact us to arrange a return collection. Or you can arrange your own return delivery to us. Full return and packing instructions are across the page!
- HIRE EXTENSION If you would like to keep the item for longer, please contact us to arrange a hire extension. Please ensure you book your hire extension as soon as you can to help us plan our stock availability.
Try Before You Buy in partnership with Paqualife
If you hire a Packraft and then wish to purchase a Packraft or accessories, then we are working closely with Paqualife- get in touch and we will give you a special discount code which entitles you to a discount on the Paqualife website